Taking the Red Out
Rosacea (pronounced roh-ZAY-sha), is a common inflammatory skin condition that usually only affects the face and eyes. Characterized by redness, pimples, and broken blood vessels, Rosacea is more common in fair-skinned people. It is often mistaken for adult acne.
- Acne Scars
- Port wine stains
- Facial and leg telangiectasias
- Poikiloderma of Civatte
- Venous lakes
Beverly Hills Laser Skin Treatment
What’s causing the redness in my skin?
Redness is caused by broken or inflamed small blood vessels called capillaries. This redness shows through the epidermis and draws attention to acne scars, Rosacea, spider veins on your legs and the tiny broken veins on your face called telangiecstasia.
How does the Vbeam Laser remove redness?
The Vbeam laser light penetrates the skin and is absorbed by the red pigment in these small blood vessels. This absorption results in heat and the heat coagulates the vessel. Because it is now shrunken and no longer carries blood, the redness goes away.
- Rosacea – control flushing and redness by sealing tiny veins.
- Scars – removes red from acne scars, injury scars or red surgical scars.
- Facial veins – enlarged & broken veins on the cheeks and the nose.
- Leg veins – quickly zaps close-to-the-surface spider veins.
- Red birthmarks – hemangiomas and port wine stains.
- Poikiloderma of Civatte – diminishes uneven coloring of the neck.
- Stretch marks -helps blend “new” stretch marks that are still red.
- Angiomas -removes the tiny red spots that can appear anywhere on the body.
- Venous lakes – helps shrink this dark blue vascular “bubble” on the lip, face or ear.
- Periorbital wrinkles – spurs collagen re-building around the eyes
- Warts and non-cancerous growths.
Will my skin be cut or raw?
The Vbeam, made by the well-known Candela Corporation, is a “non-ablative” laser. This is an important distinction. Non-ablative lasers do not affect the top layer of the skin (the epidermis) but actually do their work at deeper levels where the source of the problem lies. There is no cutting, no burning and no removal of skin as with ablative lasers.
What about pain?
The sensation you have when undergoing a Vbeam laser treatment is similar to the feeling you get from having a rubber band snapped against your skin. Some patients describe it as a “pinch”. Dr. Zaks goes to great lengths to make any treatment you have as comfortable for you as possible.
Vbeam’s special protective cooling
Candela uses a patented system called “DCD”, Dynamic Cooling Device, that instantly hyper-cools the skin surface before the laser beam is activated. This makes the treatment more comfortable and protects the epidermis.
VBeam Protective Cooling and Target Treating
- Clinical Bulletin – Overview for Vbeam Laser Treatments
- Clinical Bulletin – Rosacea
- Clinical Bulletin – Treating Post-Acne Redness
- Chemical Peels for refreshing skin surface
- Photo Dynamic Therapy for removing Actinic Keratoses
- Treatments for Hyper-pigmentation and Brown Spots
- New Aesthetica Vbeam Fast Vascular and Pigmentation Laser